Development of Social Dominance Orientation Towards Caste Category Scale and Hindi Translation of Social Dominance Orientation Scale for Different Social Categories in India
Keywords:Social Dominance Orientation, Dominance Enhancement, Dominance Attenuation, Hierarchy Enhancement, Hierarchy Attenuation
AbstractThe study aimed to develop social dominance orientation towards caste/category scale in Hindi language and Hindi translation of four item social dominance scales. Both scales administered on 360 subjects (120 general category, 120 other backward category and 120 scheduled caste/scheduled tribe category). Exploratory factor analysis computed using “principle component extraction” method, with varimax rotation. Items loaded on two factors namely Dominance Enhancement and Dominance Attenuation. First factor explained 23.54% variance whereas; second factor explained 22.82% of variance. Total 45.85% variance of social dominance orientation towards caste category scale, were explained by both of these factors. Hindi translation of four item social dominance orientation scale (short version), yielded two factors: Hierarchy Enhancement and Hierarchy attenuation. First factor explained 34.19% variance and 30.21% variance was explained by second factor. Total 64.41% variance explained by these two factors. Alpha calculated to estimate psychometric properties. Both scales found to have good psychometric properties.
Metrics Loading ...
How to Cite
Shraddhesh Kumar Tiwari, Dhananjay Kumar, & Anubhuti Dubey. (2022). Development of Social Dominance Orientation Towards Caste Category Scale and Hindi Translation of Social Dominance Orientation Scale for Different Social Categories in India. International Journal of Indian Psychȯlogy, 9(2). https://doi.org/10.25215/0902.036
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.